The R5 makes no compromises as an ultralight race machine first and foremost. Team Dimension Data’s World Tour riders also praise its new pro fit, stable and responsive handling, and unrivaled stiffness. No wonder Bernie Eisel calls it “the perfect bike for stage racing,” with Omar Fraile demonstrating as much by powering it to glory in the 100th Giro d’Italia. An unrivaled component package includes Shimano's precise and smooth-shifting Dura-Ace Di2 drivetrain, ENVE SES 3.4 wheelset, and Cervelo carbon seatpost, handlebar, and stem. The R5 sets new benchmarks for performance, usability, and confidence-boosting control.
- BBright: This asymmetrical 79mm bottom bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems
- Cervelo Rapid Axles: For faster wheel changes and greater safety
- Integrated bar and stem: Sleek integration delivers a 30-gram aero improvement while allowing for internal electronic routing and easy computer mounting
- Unique aero seatpost: D-shaped seatpost promotes compliance, and performance-enhancing comfort, without changing the distance between the saddle and the pedals
- Chainstay protector: A subtle-yet-robust shield from chain-slap and chain-suck
- Squoval Max tube shapes: New ultra-light shapes deliver a 14-gram aero improvement while fortifying cross-sections to improve stiffness
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are some benefits of electronic shifting that you don't want to miss.
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servo motors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with surgical precision and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you'll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Fork||Cervelo All-Carbon, Tapered R5 Fork|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2"|
|Rims/Wheels||ENVE SES 3.4|
|Tires||Continental Grand Prix 700 x 25c|
|Crankset||Shimano Dura-Ace 9100|
|Bottom Bracket||BBB Bottomfit BBO-72, PF30 Threaded|
|Chain||Shimano CN-HG901, 11 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, 11 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, 11 speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Dura-Ace CS-R9100, 11-28|
|Shifters||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, 11 speed|
|Stem||Cervélo Carbon Stem|
|Brakes||Shimano Dura-Ace 9100|
|Saddle||fi’zi:k Antares R5|
|Seat Post||Cervélo Carbon SP18|